What to pack in my day pack?
Your daypack: In your backpack each day you should be carrying the following items, most are on the list above, but a few are new.
- Insect repellant
- Sunblock (a small one will last for your whole trip)
- Chap stick with sunblock.
- Light rain gear
- Water- we recommend bringing your own refillable bottle for environmental reasons. Recycling in Costa Rica is not what it should be, and you will almost always have access to potable water.
- Field guide
- Sun glasses
- Alcoholic hand sanitizer
- Hat (actually this should probably be on your head)
- Personal medication- any medication you might need, for example an asthma inhaler, heart medication or for a diabetic; insulin, glucose etc.
- Additionally our guides recommend a small, microfiber “hiker´s towel”, which will dry easily but do wonders for keeping sweat from accumulating