"Tours of a Lifetime"
"Top 3, Best Values in The World"
What to pack for Tortuguero?
50 lb. weight limit
If you are going to Tortuguero, don’t stress over the 50 lb weight limitation, it’s easier than it sounds. The following list will help you pack for that portion of your trip.
NOTE: You will need your passport to board your domestic flight to Tortuguero.
- 3 light shirts- short sleeve and one light long sleeve for protection from the sun
- One pair of light pants- the ones with zip off legs are great
- One pair of shorts
- Swim suit
- Cover up for the pool
- Flip flops
- Close toed shoes for hikes. You will probably use rubber boots, which will be made available to you at the lodge. We have sizes ranging from a child’s 11 to an adult’s 13.
- Wide brimmed hat
- Rain gear
- Your camera, charger and extra memory cards
- Field guide
- Something to read
- Insect Repellent
- Bring long tube socks with good strong elastic at the top for wearing with rubber boots
- It’s a good idea to bring dry wick clothes
- Flash Light